Monday, April 21

Goodbye to the Weekend

Welcome to Monday - the dreaded day of returning to work - well, maybe for most of us anyways. This past weekend felt like it was too long of a time. I guess I just feel like many things were accomplished - I am not even sure myself.

I found out Friday afternoon that the poker party for Saturday was cancelled. My family had been invited to another friend's for dinner. Her daughter & family were coming over, and most of the kids are close in age to mine. I ended up having to turn that down as the Wife had gotten up that morning and displaced her SI (something to do with her hip/pelvis/back). I helped her with some exercises to work it back into place (she said that is all she can do about it), but she was still sore enough that it was best to cancel this time. Instead, I ended up at the pub that night drinking.

Sunday we lost our 2nd game in the tournament, so are now out til next season (around September) where I have decided to step up to the plate and coach the team. I figured I could get a lot of practice being mean, uncaring, and full of unsavory remarks when someone misses a catch. Might help in the business world, ya know? Actually, I sort of look forward to the challenge.

Sunday afternoon I took the family out to the train yards and they got to ride a couple trains. Uncle Bud, a regular a the pub I go to, is an engineer up there, and he took us all on a ride after hours. the two older boys helped him put up the cars and engine. They had a great time! We followed it up with dinner at Garcia's - then I was in bed by 9:30. I am getting ready now to heat up the left over from dinner last night for lunch to day. I think it is the first time I have had the El Magnifico Sampler, and not eaten it all - a good sign of being able to slow the appetite down and working out I guess... sure sounds good if it isn't true.

It is Monday, and following the small habit I have added a couple pics for today. Sorry Reverend Mother! tomorrow may be better pics for the non-male readers here. Then again, maybe not.



Okay, that's all I have for today so far. If more comes to mind, I'll be back - if not well, we'll see ya tomorrow!
PeacE

No comments: