Monday, February 14

The Dreaded Doctor Visit

Welcome to Monday. I am not particularly happy this morning. Well, I guess I am a bit more cranky, tired, and apprehensive more than anything.

Yesterday we drove down to Tucson for the Daughter's choir concert. It is the last one of the school term that we will be able to attend (it being on a weekend rather than the weeknights). She did wonderful, of course, and we were able to get back on the road to home about 9:30pm. Tucson normally is only about an hour and half (or so) from our house. Last night, the trip home took 3 hours. Short of halfway back, there was construction(always somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson) and down to one lane. It was literally stop and go for 10 miles (rough estimate though the Wife says it was less miles than that). That alone took 45 minutes of the trip. Needless to say, we didn't make it home until after midnight (after my regular bedtime), and I had a harder time falling asleep as well. I think I was still mentally awake and running thoughts, though my body was telling me it was beat.

So, a bit less sleep than I get on a more regular basis. Top that off, I have my 3-month follow-up at the doctor. Today's check-up is going to be mostly concerning my blood pressure (to see if it has gone down any) and possible medication for it (if not improving); my weight (to see if I have been losing any); possible EKG reading (so he has a "baseline" for my file); and that's about it I think. I've said before the weight is what I am worried about most. BP I am hoping is better since I quit smoking, and started the CPAP treatment. I am hoping that medication will not be required as I prefer to not take any if I can get away with it. Speaking of, I am taking my aspirin and allergy tabs now.... before I forget. I am going to ask about getting rid of the oxygen (goes in-line with the CPAP at night) as it is such a low setting, and I don't think it makes any difference overall. Plus, it could save us $50/month.

Tomorrow morning is my dentist appointment. Notice I crammed these both within a short time. I really don't care for doctors that much, regardless what field it is. Anyways, I get a cavity done, and a crown tomorrow. Two hours in a dentist chair. Just how I love to spend ANY morning. But the good part is it will be done, and I shouldn't need any dental work aside from the cleaning/check-ups for the future.

Okay, I need to finish getting ready to head out. Will edit and update when I get back, I am sure.

Edit: Will just update the doc visit tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: