Saturday, February 26

Five Years Ago

I was in my mid-thirties, had a job I enjoyed and made decent money at. The daughter was only in Jr High. We had one computer at home, and though I have the same car now as then, we also had a blue dodge minivan. Things were pretty good. And my youngest son was born.

Today we are headed out to celebrate his birthday, and I know he is going to love the presents he gets today. I went out yesterday and got him the big 6-piece Construction Devastator he wanted, plus the Starscream jet transformer. I also picked up a dinosaur toy as he is into them as well. The Wife has some other presents I know he is going to like as well.

The Daughter made a surprise appearance at our door last night. We were not expecting her to come up this weekend, and her brothers we're really happy she did. It's nice to have all the kids together for a family birthday. The Grandparents don't know she is in town, so will have a nice surprise when they meet up with us for lunch.

Nascar is in Phoenix this week. Supposed to rain this weekend as well. Stuman is headed out today, to watch the Busch series race, and stay the night. I have another friend going for the main race on Sunday, I might tag along and since I don't have a ticket, just hang out and tailgate at her truck. Not sure if I want to do that yet. Depends on the rain situation I think.

See y'all on Monday.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

what a fun surprise it was to see Bethany! So that explains your question as to what I was doing this morning so that I wouldn't see your post. hmmmm love you!