Monday, February 21

Medical District, Here I Come

I have an appointment this morning over in one of the "medical districts" (what I call the area around a hospital). It has to do with my sleep study I had done back in October. Last Monday while at my doctor's, I had asked about getting off the oxygen that is in-line with my CPAP at night. It is set for 1 liter (which is not much) and I could save the money that it is costing to rent the concentrator each month. Needless to say, he checked the papers, and the sleep-study doc had said 6-8 weeks and then monitored at night for the oxygen level to determine if still necessary. It's been 3 months and the fuckers never contacted me about this. Sooo, the doc called them, and I got a call the next day. Today I go to learn to use and pick up an oxygen sensor to use overnight, then return tomorrow. They will then pass the results to my doc, who can let me know if I can stop using it.

Edit: What a wasted trip. I arrived (early) and got int pretty quick, but they didn't have the machine I needed to take home. Previous patient hasn't brought it in from that last use (wasn't last night they said). So, now instead of returning it tomorrow, I have to go pick it up, and waste Wednesday morning returning it... IF they get it in there today. Supposedly they "assured" me it would be there. I told them to call me either way, as I didn't want to waste my time going there if it isn't there. We'll see if they bother to call either way. I am a bit peeved now. A doctor would have charged me for his time, even if I wasted it, and these fuckers did that to me today. I should bill them. I would feel better if I could....

It isn't far, in fact, it is only a couple blocks from where the Wife works, but I still hate driving over there. Every medical district has 50 million old people there, so parking sucks, and having to deal with their diminished driving skills.... frustrating at times. But I need to do it I guess. Either way I am going to. Either this, or schedule an appointment even further away.

It's Monday. Kids are out of school. They are at Grandma's though, because of my appointment. Have "Eat Pray Love" dvd here, thinking may watch it later today.

PeacE

2 comments:

Sis said...

Although I know you *love* Julia Roberts, I didn't care for the movie. And I spent money to see it. :(

Reverend Mother said...

same here - it was a good movie, but I haven't chosen to buy it to watch again.