Saturday, February 19

Remember Good Saturday Morning Cartoons?

I awoke this morning without the aide of the alarm clock, the Wife, or the Kids. Not even the damn cat, Spawn of Satan, jumping on me caused me to awake. The regular arising each morning at the same time did. About 7am my eyes were opened and additional sleep went somewhere else.

I set myself out on the morning couch and turned on the TV. Mind you, I don't have cable channels, or satellite. It was a big improvement for us to go get an HD box. No need for all them extra channels, since most of what the family watches, are the regular shows on regular TV - when we have the time to watch them.

Anyways, I was flipping through the multitude of channels available, and then perusing the online tv guide for each channel. What ever happened to those cartoon shows we watched as kids? All I saw were shows I couldn't even begin to recognize names of, and the few I did see on, were like japanese anime (the white people with stand-up funky hair and HUGE round eyes) and other crap. Where's my Bugs Bunny? My Yogi Bear? Even others like Hong Kong Phooey, Justice League of America, Hanna Barbara toons, Captain Caveman?!? Sigh. Good entertainment again has disappeared.

What were some of your Saturday Morning favorites?

PeacE

3 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

Mighty Mouse - Sky King - The Lone Ranger and Tonto..... just to name a few...

Sis said...

Flinstones, Tom and Jerry, Popeye. Does that "date" me??

Ralphd00d said...

@RM - they had TV back then? j/k

@Sis - yeah, and me too!