Friday, December 16

Fricking Holidays Suck

I was in a funk the past few days. Just dealing with basic crap does that to me at times. Having one of the boys home with a high temp doesn't exactly improve my mood either. But he is okay now. Yesterday, it culminated into a headache I could not easily get rid of. After ibuprofen and a long nap, I was still hurting. Finally, some beers being consumed actually helped it go away. Or maybe it relaxed me enough it stopped hurting. Whatever, just know that it worked.

I've said it before.... that I really dislike these commercialized holidays; where it is 'required' to purchase things for gifts, or cards or candies or whatever. It's bad enough having to celebrate these, but when the bigger ones like Christmas comes around, OMG, the crowds! The rudeness of people! The increase in traffic, and EVERYONE loses any patience, kindheartedness, and all the good attributes that are supposed to abound this time of year. But the one that really pisses me off, are the people that pull stupid ass stunts for attention. Oh, yeah...they don't need a holiday to do this, but when one is around, they have to get that attention off everything else and on to them.

I know such a person that got that attention from me last night. I gave them that attention in the form of a phone call, and promptly gave them my opinion too. I was pissed off like I hadn't been in quite some time. I don't need their shit. And I am not getting involved in it anymore. I am done.

There, I feel only a little better. I should go throw some things around and scream all the swear words I can think of in random form, as loud as I can. Maybe that would make me feel even better....but probably not. Sometimes.... even family suck worse than the holidays.

PeacE

No comments: