Saturday, December 3

Tackling a Tree

We have a tree in our backyard that is dead. When we moved in, it seemed okay. If I remember right, it was an orange tree, and actually was producing fruit. Anyhow, over the years, it has just slowly stopped producing, and branches would go without leaves. This past year or more, it has just stayed bare year round. The Wife decided it needed to come down, so a few months ago (about 3-4) she purchased a chain saw.

It's just an small electric one. But it would suffice for the tree, and maybe very few smaller projects around our home that would require a chain saw. Since I had handled chain saw before, I said I would get around to getting the tree cut down. Of course, that was like the middle of the AZ summer, and it is just too hot to be doing yard work in the afternoon, and by the time evening came with a more comfortable temperature level, we were doing other things, etc. Needless to say, the tree remained.

Last night the Wife asked if I was ever going to get the chain saw oiled and ready to go. I shrugged and said what's the rush? It's waited this long. Seems her brother is going to be down this weekend, and the wood we cut from the tree, he is willing to take back up north and use for his fireplace. He lives in a town where one does not have to call to hear a recording say if it is a no-burn night or not. I finally relented, and said I would take care of it today, so the wood would be ready to pick up tomorrow, or Monday. I'm sitting here now, sipping on my coffee, waiting the morning to warm up to about 50-60 before I bother getting started. I hope it takes no more than say maybe an hour or so.

I talked the Wife into going shopping while I am tackling the tree. She and the oldest son are going out, trying to get the younger ones some things, and maybe other family members outside our household. I am trying to get her started and out the door now so maybe I can get out to the pub with my buddies this afternoon. We'll see if that happens....

PeacE

No comments: