Saturday, December 31

End of Another Year

I just don't understand why we have to celebrate the start of a calendar year. Just an excuse to have another holiday a week after Christmas? Shrug. I can't figure it out. What is nice about it though, is one is not expected to spend a wad of cash on gifts to give to people. Though, the downside is, you are expected to spend an ENTIRE evening with friends/family, until the late hours. Sometimes, for some of us (I won't point out who, though I have suspicions) that is worse than just a dinner. Of course, I wouldn't be talking about my family..... (rolling eyes).

Today, the Wife and Daughter are going out and spending all the money they can, since it is the last day of the year. That's not true. Actually, they are doing some shopping, but it is to use up some $$ off coupons for groceries, and refill my prescription for my blood pressure meds. I think I really need them with one more week to go with the boys at home. She'll be picking up some sodas for us to take to lunch tomorrow when the family all gets together.

Otherwise, today is just being spent at home. I have no desire to be out and have to worry about the other drunks, or distracted drivers on the roads. PPD will have a fun time tonight I am sure. Actually would be interesting to hear in the next couple days, just how many stops, arrests, DUIs, etc were done tonight. We will be inside, probably watch a couple movies, and send the kids to bed shortly after midnight. Not even sure I will make it that late myself. I may end up in bed with my Kindle by 10'ish.

Otherwise, hope you all have a wonderful evening whatever you are doing. See ya next year!

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Well, I could hope that a plus for a New Years Day is getting your mama's ribs and coleslaw!