Monday, December 26

That 'After the Holiday' Glow

It was just short of 9am when I woke this morning. I was hoping to stay in bed until 10 or later, as the Wife is sleeping in as well. No such luck. After a long day of Christmas'ing, my ankle has yet to forgive me. It was throbbing this morning, and I could no longer put off getting some ibuprofen in me as fast as possible. Before I could just return to the bed though, the two younger boys were up and ....well, here I am.

Yesterday was a great Christmas. One of the better ones I recall for my family over the years. All four kids loved the big Santa gift they received and the the excitement they showed on opening them, plus the desire to use/play/whatever with the gifts.... just keeps bringing a smile to my face. We did good this year.

Spent the later morning with the In-Laws, and the early afternoon with RM. RM did some ham for sandwiches, which by that time we were hungry. Afterwards, we rambled on up to Sis', where everyone in my family meets up. Due to me being just plain tired by this point, we did not stay tremendously long, but was glad we came by for a bit. We will be back there next Sunday for New Year's lunch.

As today is sort of a recovery day, I am just relaxing at home. The Daughter is planning to head back to home before returning next weekend, and has asked about the oldest son going with her for the few days. I think we are going to let him.

That's it for now.

PeacE

No comments: