Thursday, December 29

A-Parent-ly Bad

As a parent, there are a trillion and one things I do not understand about kids, even having been one myself. It seems I am finding more and more of them just plain outright irritate me to no end, and are being displayed/acted upon by my kids. The oldest son went with the Daughter back to Tucson for a few days, and will be returning for New Years. I would think that would make things easier managing the boys while they are on break. Heh. Teach me to think.

Yesterday was an okay day. They spent the better part of it watching YouTube videos and actually getting along. Today, as soon as they are both up, it is constant bickering at each other. Needless to say, my patience is worn thin.

They have a week plus yet to go before school starts back up. Sigh.

The Wife got off work early yesterday, and we took advantage of it to do some family activity together. We went out to eat at 5 & Diner ('50s style restaurant) followed by an early evening movie of 'The Adventures of Tin Tin" which the boys really enjoyed (they are 9 & 5). I completed the evening by heading to bed with my Kindle, and a crossword book.

I guess if you are like the seemingly mass population, you should be debating what sort of New Year resolutions you should make, then break during the first week. I guess a couple years ago, the family (meaning RM and Sis) started having us pen down those resolutions. Sis would save them for the year in sealed envelopes, and at the next NY lunch, would pass them out for everyone to see if they made it. I think mine last year was to not make any resolutions. Can't remember for sure. I just know I am not doing it this year. No since in deflating my hope at the beginning of next year. If there is a next year.

I am thinking of personal things I would like to accomplish over the next year, and I may even share some of them.... but not before the big day!

PeacE

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

While PT and I were out walking the canal today I thought of you with the boys. Think about taking them to TBird Paseo Park - you can sit on the bench, the little one can play on the playground and the other can ride his scooter around the area. It is perfect for all of you.

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Happy New Year 2012