Tuesday, December 6

I Think it is Finally Here

After about a week of lower temperatures, I think that winter has finally arrived here in the Valley of the Sun. After an extended period of time with the warmer weather, things have finally dropped down to just the 50's during the day. It will probably remain this way with few fluctuations, until March. The quilted flannel shirt, and winter comforter on the bed are sure making things more comfortable - even for me!

Oldest son's concert last night was good. Being the only French horn player, he had a couple small solo parts in the handful of selections they played. Afterwards, I found out he has been selected to go to All-State Band. There were only two students selected from his whole school. Next week the middle son will be debuting his trumpet skills for the first time with the elementary school concert.

I am feeling pretty tired this morning. Sleepy-tired, to clarify. I know I slept good last night, and even had retired at a decent hour. It's taking me a bit to wake up and feel motivated today. I have plans to meet up with Reverend Mother in about an hour, and the two of us go out to do some shopping. Mom is good at helping see ideas for things that I would normally pass over. Even if I decide to not do that idea. Especially when it comes to getting things for the Wife. I hope to get her birthday and Christmas stuff done today, and a couple things for the kids. We might even have lunch together. Either way, I know RM will like just being able to hang out with me (even if I ain't much fun).

Monday is my doctor appointment, and I have not hit my goal for the total amount of weight I had wanted to lose. As of a week ago, I only had 9 pounds to reach it, but have not pushed myself. I will be getting back into the gym hopefully tomorrow morning, and find out how bad the damage is (weight-wise). Either way, what I have lost is always good, and I know the Doc will be happy to see that.

Welp, I think I am going to call RM and head over to her place a little early. If I don't get off the computer, I know I will end up later than the time we planned to meet up.

PeacE

No comments: