Monday, December 19

Fight Night Weekend

Oh my. What a Sunday I had yesterday. Spent most of the day at one of my watering holes with my friends. We had all met up for bloody marys early before the softball tournament games (which were canceled due to rain). So it ended up just hanging out, watching the football games. At one point, Aaron and I were outside, and Aaron was funning around, asking everyone out there (smoking area) what sound they thought a sea gull makes. One guy who had just came out the door, decided he thought Aaron was making fun of him, and sucker-punched my buddy. Needless to say, that brought out my need to jump in and break it up. This guy would just not quit swinging though, and so even though I was able to break them up, I caught a few blows. Aaron, now that I was between them, saw the guy land one on me, and proceeded to come back in to retaliate. At this point, I don't know what happened for sure. I know I got knocked back off balance where I rolled on my ankle, and the two guys went down to the ground. I grabbed up the guy in a full nelson to drag him off. Another patron there came wading in and grabbed the guy and pinned him up against the wall. I saw a phone on the ground, and wanted to make sure it wasn't Aaron,s then saw him with his phone in his hand, so just motioned for him to go back in the bar, and followed him in. Police were called, and I guess they ended up taking the guy away. Aaron said he didn't want to press charges, as no apparent damage was received.... though, my ankle was just starting to feel sore at this point.

I got home a bit later, and was feeling quite a bit of pain on the ankle. Had the Wife check it out, and she mentioned she thought it was possible to have fractured it, but I refused to go to the ER. She wanted me to think about going to urgent care today as well, but I think the pain is down enough now I won't go. Though I am reduced to moving slowly through the house, and using the cane like I never had before. I guess I will be confined to the house this week. Not a major issue, as Christmas is next weekend. I still need to get at least one more present for the Wife though. Maybe send the daughter out this week to pick something up.

Whew! I am just getting too old to be having so much fun.

PeacE

No comments: