Monday, December 5

I'm Stumped

Welcome to another chilly morning in the Phoenix area. I know many of you are having MUCH colder weather, but I really don't care. All I know is I am glad I am indoors, have heating, and plenty of coffee. Though, I may regret all the coffee in about an hour - if you know what I mean!

Yesterday afternoon I spent working on cutting down the rest of the dead tree in the back yard. Got it down to a stump, and a majority of the branches cut down for firewood. My BIL was down and we loaded some into their small car for him to take back up north to Payson where it gets much colder (in the mountains - they get snow). The rest I should have finished cutting up before Christmas, and will send the rest with him then. I need to figure out the easiest way to remove the stump. I'm in town so a stick of dynamite won't be acceptable. My yard doesn't have vehicle access, so can't use a truck to help pull it out. I have a feeling I will have to dig down around it, then cut through the roots and try to get the stump cut off a bit below the ground surface. Not looking forward to the digging and all. I may wait til warmer weather - like April, before I try it.

The Wife's birthday is this week. I need to get out and do some shopping to find her a few items, and then a few more for Christmas. She had gone out this weekend and did some shopping for stuff for the kids and other family members. I guess from her opinion, the crowds weren't too bad at the stores yet, but still enough inconsiderate people that block aisles, and push in front of you. I am not looking forward to the experience.

Today I think I am just going to rest. My back and legs are sore from all the cutting, etc. I thought I was in better shape, but I guess my gym work-outs aren't quite the same as what I was doing yesterday. The muscle rub came in good this morning for the legs so I can walk with a little less aching.

Oldest son has his Christmas concert tonight. I am glad it is a 'come and go' event, where each of the performances are in a different area of the school. this way we don't have to sit on the wooden bleachers in the gym for multiple groups performing before we can leave. Just hear his group, and be done. The middle son has his next week.

Well, have a few other things to do. See ya next time.

PeacE

No comments: