Wednesday, December 18

Remembering Friends

The other day I was mentioning about how I was missing my buddy Smitty, and then yesterday morning I found out another friend had passed away. Puppy (his nick, because his dad's was Dogg) was in a motorcycle accident. I haven't heard an official 'what-happened' but the story relayed to me was a woman in a car had pulled out in front of him, he swerved to miss her, and ended up losing the bike, laying it down. Unfortunately, he was not wearing a helmet. I've known Puppy for years, and lifted quite a few drinks with him. No, he had not been drinking at the time of the accident. Another downer for the holiday.

I'm still groggy this morning (yes, even at this hour) and don't have much to share. Too busy thinking about other things. It reached 82 yesterday, and set a new heat record for the Valley. Joy. It was warm enough, I turned on the AC in my truck for part of the route. It's to cool off to the mid 70s today, and upper 60s by the weekend.

The Wife is talking about going to Tucson this weekend to help the Daughter move. I ain't going. I found out yesterday that they want me to work Saturday, and are adjusting the day I deliver parts so that I have Tuesday off (Christmas Eve) as they feel it will be busy with extra traffic and they would rather me not drive. Yeah, I don't get it either. I think they are setting up for New Years Eve, so I am not out. I don't know though. Sucks I have to work the next Saturday or two.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, son.