Monday, August 13

But children are supposed to be soooo dear...

My daughter has me extremely agitated/irritated/vexed - pick one. It all started back when school was let out for the summer. I don't recall anyone telling me about the summer homework assignment, but I do remember receiving notification about it in the mail about 3 weeks later. I quizzed the Daughter about it, and then all of a sudden she recalls being given an assignment. She has to read TH White's "The Once and Future King" and take notes per chapter relating to the plot/storyline/character development, etc. She has all summer to complete the assignment.

Oh! you already guessed what happened? I know you did! That's why we are/were/soon-to-be/mature people know what happened. Two weeks ago, prior to her leave to NAU for a week of band camp, I asked how she was coming along on the book. She said she only had a "little way to go". I expressed the need to get it done and out of the way, as no play time until it was done. She managed to read the whole of Harry Potter #7 that week, but did not bother to bring her reading assignment to camp. Thus, upon her return, I emphasized, to the Wife as well, that no extracurricular stuff was to happen until that report was done. We are now about 10 days before school starting.

I spent yesterday doing my regular Sunday - down at the pub watching the race. I arrive home about 7'ish, and see that someone is int he middle of something on the computer, so I ask what it is. My daughter was transposing her notes on the book to computer to print out. Okay, no big deal. I grabbed a video ("300" which was a bit tame I thought) and us men watched it in the other room. About 9:30 I am headed to bed to read prior to sleeping. The Wife and Daughter are still working on typing up this report. About 11:30 I awake and notice Wife is still not in bed so I go out to find out what is up. They are STILL working on it. I grouchily express my disapproval about waiting to the last minute to finish stuff, considering, school starts the next day and both the Wife and I work as well. I retreated to my bed.

Come 2'ish, no Wife in bed yet. Again I get up and display the fact that I am angrier and more upset about this taking so long compared to the last time I was awake. I recall mentioning some phrases like "You probably do deserve an F on it since you didn't want to spend any F'ing time on it this summer". I was brutal in my disgruntled state. All I knew was I needed to get some sleep, and I sleep better when the wife is in bed with me. I don't know why, just one of those things. Finally I wake again sometime after 3, and realize the Wife has finally come to bed, and I contentedly roll over and sleep through to the alarm going off.

It's 8am, and I just hit snooze for 10 more minutes. I do this every morning until about 8:30 before I rise to face the day. Suddenly the Wife is there telling me something about the last three pages of the Daughter's report didn't save on the computer. I am like, What? Didn't she hit save? Supposedly, since I don't have MS Office, and I use Wordperfect, that it was causing problems with my computer and locking up keys, etc. So they Wife, already late for work, had to re-type the last three pages of the report (which luckily the Daughter had handwritten first). I left for work - wasn't my problem. I spoke to the Wife about 45 minutes ago, and supposedly the Daughter got the report in time for class. So the Wife was about 1 1/2 hours late to work, and I am still irritated at an irresponsible 15 year old. I don't know what I am going to do withe her.... plenty of ideas, but none of them will work. ARGH!!!

In the meantime, it is Monday. Workload was light this morning unfortunately. I now seem to have most of the afternoon free to do nothing. I finished "Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer yesterday. It was the 3rd book in a series and was just released last Monday. Now I know there is going to be a 4th book, not published for probably a year. I waited 6 months for this one - hoping it would finish the series. I also got in "Mexifornia" and will be starting that one tonight I am sure. I had posted a speech by Sen Lamm several days ago, and it mentioned this book. I read the Prelude, and it does seem interesting.

The middle son had his Birthday party Saturday at the pizza place. He had a great time (for a 5 year old) and I was happy it didn't cost over $100 for all the food and drink for everyone. He now has several more toys for me to step on in the middle of the night. Yee haw.

Okay, I think I am done bitching about things for now. I am off to try to find somewhere on the internet to read something or whatever. Come back tomorrow when I am in a better mood, and maybe I will have something more entertaining.

PeacE

No comments: