Tuesday, January 29

And now for something completely different

For those of you that know me, and some of you that don't, you realize I am an avid reader. I prefer the sci-fi/fantasy type books, but will read a non-fiction, or thriller/mystery every now and then as well. I have a few books at home that I need to get finished, but I keep forgetting to put a new one in the car. So last night I finished the current book I was reading (some Sidney Sheldon novel) and realized I had nothing to replace it with on hand. I spent about five minutes going through the miscellaneous stuff in the back seat of my car, and dug up a book I had finished quite some time ago. It is Patricia Bray "The First Betrayal". I remembered getting tot he end of it, and finding out that there is a second book, but at the time was not out in stores.

That just really pisses me off.

Either way, I am sitting there and decide to re-read the book. Four hours and 200+ pages later, I am so hooked into the story again. Today, after a bit of surfing the web, I found out book 2 is out now, and book three is scheduled for release in June. ::sigh:: Five months to finish the damn series. And that is only if I order them off Amazon, as it seems none of the bookstores around me will have the 2nd book in stock.

Still ticks me off that Robert Jordan passed away. Now I will probably never see the end of the Wheel of Time series he was working on.

Started to watch a movie last night called "Dragon Wars". I can understand why it seemed to not even make it to the theaters. I will have to try to finish it tonight, as well as the book. Then I have a couple Patricia Cornwell books and a Jeffrey Deaver to start on.

Let me hear what you are in the midst of reading.

PeacE

No comments: