Wednesday, January 9

What sort of goodies can I come up with today?

Last night I went and joined a gym. I hadn't been working out the last several weeks since I somehow injured my back. I found a place that is closer to home, is cheaper in the rates, and is not as busy. Oh, and the Reverend Mother and the Step dad both go there. I went in last weekend and checked the place out and it has everything I think I would need. I met the owner (who just happens to be my parents trainer) and I will probably be setting up a meeting with him this weekend prior to starting my workout. I am waiting for the weekend to help my body clear out the last bit of this sickness. I am feeling much better now, thanks for the well wishes!!

So last night I head on down to the pub for the regular Tuesday night poker. I figure I am do a win, or placement since the last 2-3 times I had played I was knocked out early. Hell no. I didn't win any hands, and still ended first guy out after playing for awhile. And I was being conservative! I need to brush up on my skills, or start praying to Lady Luck. Gotta do something! I am still hanging out when karaoke starts up. Sometimes I stay and sing, other times just head home. I figured I would put in a couple songs. After about an hour this guy was walking around taking pictures of different people while they are singing, and he managed to get one of me. Normally I am not one that enjoys getting my picture taken, so I finished my song and went looking for this guy. Turns out he is with this group of KaraokeCorps (they call themselves). He gave me a business card with a net address and "By Invitation Only". I went and checked it out today - seems there are people that take their singing karaoke serious and have a message board that talks about places in the valley to do karaoke, and how to improve your skills, etc. Kinda weird, but I went ahead and signed up to see what it is like. That and he is supposed to have the pics from last night posted tonight. Weird, huh? I guess I attract that from everywhere.

That brings us into today. Wednesday. Hump Day. Middle of the fricking week. At least most of the work day is over. Then it is Beer Thirty and a book. Who knows, maybe I'll stay and do some more karaoke tonight...

PeacE

No comments: