Monday, January 21

It's (ow) Monday (ooo) again.

Oh boy, am I sore. I have places in my back that just won't take a five minute break for me. Guess I need to up the ante and get some flex-all 454 on them, as well as the ibuprofen I am taking. So was it the work out at the gym that did this to me, you ask. No. Was it Ralphd00d doing some stupid feat and showing off? No, again. Was it I being the great father I am? Oh yeah. Here's the scoop. Last Saturday I had mentioned to my oldest son that I was thinking of going jogging down at the high school on the track for some additional exercise. He had asked if he could go with me. I said sure. Well, when we got to the school, they had some football games going on (for some youth league I presume, but these were HS looking in age). So we didn't run that day. This Saturday, my wife needed to get he and his sister into a lab for some blood work their doctor wants. I told him he couldn't go running as I didn't want certain things elevated in his blood for the lab, and so I was going to do my workout at the gym instead. Needless to say, I ended up babysitting one of the boys whilst they went to the lab, so my son was crying as I was getting ready for the gym.

I broke down. I hollered for him to get shoes and running clothes on and we'd go jogging instead. So he, his younger brother and I loaded into the van and headed to the HS. More football games this weekend. I sure as hell don't know what league plays this late/early in the year. So instead I head over to this park I know not too far away. Around the perimeter of the park there are little 'obstacle course' type things along the jogging path. We made it to the 4th obstacle before the older son fell and hurt himself. Mostly just bruised hand (where he caught his fall) and bruised pride. Either way he didn't want to run anymore so we went home. Needless to say, even the short distance we went told me again how out of shape I am. My legs are tight and achy, plus the back. Not so bad yesterday as today though.

Now I sit here and ache whenever I move a certain way. I think I will have to head to the gym tonight and see if I can work the ache out of the muscles and maybe even feel better tomorrow.

Saturday night was a good night. A bunch of us guys got together and were going to play small change card games. Ended up about 10 or so of us, so that went out the door and we ended up playing Texas Hold'em. I won first place. Finally. After the past several weeks of not playing well, I finally did something right. What cracks me up is I won the last hand with a pair of deuces. I then went over to my brother's place and ended up falling asleep there. Woke up just in time to get to the field for softball. Needless to say, I was home early Sunday afternoon and in bed way early as well. I did stay up long enough to watch the Giants beat Greenbay though.

Today is that damned holiday the state of Arizona voted down twice - MLK day. That's right. It was put to vote here twice years ago as to whether to make it a state holiday. Twice it was voted down, then legislation found out we could never have a Superbowl here unless it was a holiday, so they made it one anyways. Fucking assholes. Of course, the next legislation to be voted in, they were all new except one person due to that fiasco. What sucks is I am still sitting here at my desk, hands tied about doing somethings because banks are closed, many lenders, and several title companies. Makes it hard for me to do my job that way. My wife is in the medical field, and she too has to work. Be nice if they let us out early today so I can get through the gym workout and get my Monday night steak at the pub.

In the meantime, I think I am off to read some blogs, an goof off on the internet. Thanks for stopping by! And if I get off early enough, I am grabbing my sheet and headed downtown to march in the parade!

PeacE

No comments: