Friday, January 18

From dull and boring to ...?

As you dedicated readers know, today is my favorite day of the week. I am always glad when it rolls around as I know I have 2 days that I can supposedly relax and spend time with the family. Only, it never seems to happen that way. Saturday is always spent doing errands we could not get done during the week, and I get up earlier on Sunday for softball than I do for regular work. Makes you wonder what happened to the R&R.

Saturday I will be off playing poker with the boys in the evening. We are doing an old round of nickle, dime, quarter - dealer calls the game. It's been quite a few months since we have done this. Usually we have a big gathering and play Texas hold'em with a $20 buy-in. I almost like it better just being about a handful of us playing smaller stakes and variety of games.

Sunday, I found out, we are having a double header in softball. Unfortunately, I don't think they are back to back, so I might be missing out on my steak breakfast I usually have afterwards. I guess I shouldn't bitch too much. It means more beer drinking at the park.

It has pretty much been finalized now at work that we will be having to move offices again. Currently we are just waiting for final documents to be signed, and return of advance rents so we can move. Fortunately, the places they are looking to go to are closer to home for me by an easy 15-20 minutes one way. I cannot express how much happier that makes me! I am tired of driving that long to go 5 miles in rush hour traffic. This way, now I will be able to go against the flow.

Possible summer plans are being drawn up now for us. We missed our Annual trip to Mexico this year due to other plans, and pretty much a lack of desire to go. Rocky Point is getting so commercialized that things are just as much there as here. No cheap vacation to be found there basically. Now we are shooting around the idea of a houseboat weekend up on Lake Powell. I have never been, but the other night I was hearing some fun stories of other trips they had done prior to me being around. Of course if we do that, we may not do the OTL trip this summer. Which almost sounds better. Trying to guesstimate costs for the houseboat trip come in lower than what I spent in San Diego last year!

Alrighty then! I haven't much else to say at the moment. Have fun and take some time to read some of the links to the right.

PeacE

No comments: