Monday, August 2

I'm About Done with the Damn Thing

Welp, Sunday evening brought with it the close of a nice weekend. We didn't have alot going on, and more rain came to town, sort of helped keep the temps down a bit. But it brought in a bit of the ol' Smith luck with vehicles.

The van (you know, the one we should take out and bury) blew a line from the A/C last night. We was sitting in the front room and hear this loud, like small explosion, come from the front of the house. I went running out, thinking it must have been a car accident right in front, or a tire blow-out. Nothing. Checked the tires on our vehicles. Nothing. Neighbors heads were poking out doors too. Then the wife saw some liquid spray marks near the front of the van. As I came around the passenger side, I could see neon yellow fluid running down the side near the engine. Popped the hood, and sure enough, saw immediately where it had popped off. The neon fluid is the dye they use to check the system for leaks. It shows up real good on the white paint of the van!

I used an old rag and wiped up the dye as best I could from the exterior of the van and inside the hood area before it could set. Guess I will be calling the garage in about 4 hours to see about getting it in today. The Wife mentioned she hoped it was something we could say they didn't attach properly when they put in the new compressor, but I explained it was not to be. The metal connection that went was a bolt & nut that when I put it back together, you could see that the bolt had snapped inside the sleeve. So that means replace that part...whatever it is. If it is part of the compressor, better get a whole new one, that's for sure.

So now it is like 3am, and I am awake. I went to bed early as I had been feeling pretty 'blah' in my head all day. Think I might be coming down with a head cold. I am notorious for getting colds in the summer, rather than winter due to all the in and out from 100+ temps to A/C chilled 70s... just brings it on faster for me. My nose was pretty clogged up earlier, but now is running like a choo-choo train. I should go see if we got some sinus/cold meds.

This week starts out with that visit to the garage. Tuesday, the daughter heads to Tucson to start at her job at the bookstore. She'll be down there about 3 or 4 days then comes home til the 19th I think. Then she heads down to move into the dorm. I was calling about adding her to our car insurance on Friday. On our current policy, to add her as a driver (no other vehicle) is gonna cost an additional $861. I told the agent, I needed to shop around for some quotes before committing. He was fine with that. In fact he is the one suggested I try Geico or Progressive. Wonder if that means he already did and he still has the lower quote.... Either way, I should get started on getting those quotes. I think I will try online here in a few.

Okay, that's all I got for this morning so far. Maybe more later today, especially if the van turns out worse. Oh! And I ain't even bragged about what the Rev Mother has for me yet!

PeacE

No comments: