Monday, August 2

Playing the Hurry Up and Wait Game

Okay, got the van into the garage and now I play the damn game. The Daughter was nice enough to give me a ride home (and one back as long as it doesn't take forever) so I wouldn't have to sit there for who knows how long. Though, I will admit, they had it in the bay being looked at before she picked me up - maybe a good sign. I am just waiting the phone call now to tell me what's wrong, how much to fix, and when will it be ready.

Edit : Wouldn't you know it. Five minutes after posting this they call. Good news is it is all under warranty and I have to pay nothing to have it fixed and re-charged. I also had them check the oil again (due to the problem we had on the trip) and they said it is fine, but our transmission fluid is looking pretty dirty. This had been mentioned prior to our trip as well. So I went ahead and had them do a transmission drain/flush/refill. Van will be ready noon'ish - so the daughter is going to pick me up about 1 and drop me off there.

Other than that, I am slightly bored already this morning. No new movies to watch.

Saturday is the middle son's birthday. He is turning 8. Sounds like we are going to do Peter Piper Pizza (a place similar to Chuck E cheese's in that they have a ton of video games to play) for lunch, but am not 100% sure yet. I know I reserved a spot up at the pub from 6-10 that evening for the big UFC fight. Yeah, reserved! Special seat and price gets you all food & drink for free during the fights. I am catching a ride with someone.

Reverend Mother has her birthday coming up as well on Monday. I have no idea what to get her. I hate shopping, let alone having to shop for "something" you think they will like. And yet, I usually end up feeling cheap and getting gift cards. I would rather them go get something they want than me trying to guess. I know sometimes you CAN find the right sort of gift you know they will love, but I hate the hassle of it all.

Well, it has been 45 minutes and no phone call yet. Wonder if that is good or bad news? Oh well. Guess I will go surf the net until I hear from them.

PeacE

No comments: