Sunday, August 22

Relaxation Day

I am declaring today a day of relaxation. Even God had to rest (according to the written Word) so why the hell shouldn't I?

Daughter is moved into her dorm, though I hear she is a bit lonely. I guess her dorm mate knows several people down there and is spending her free time with them, leaving my daughter alone. First step in learning about life is how to entertain yourself I guess.

Feels a little different around the house with her gone though. Now I can run around the house naked if I want since all here is the boys and the Wife. Sounds good, but I ain't starting that habit.

Another one of them sleepless nights. Was in bed about 10'ish and was feeling really tired. Up at 2:30 and still at it at 5am. My farmville ain't suffering from this sleeping weirdness, thats for sure. And my email correspondence with family is all caught up. Now if I just had something interesting to write about...

Went looking for a new CPU today to replace our older computer. It seems to really bog down trying to load the graphics, etc. from the net. Since we moved to high speed, it does better than on dial-up, but I think it just can't process the more detailed stuff nowadays. Found one at a good price, but of course they were out of stock. All the stores in the Valley were out of them supposedly. I went back and looked at some others, but everything else that I felt would be appropriate were way more expensive. I am going to check around with some friends and see if they have some spares/old one they aren't using. Maybe I can get a better deal.

Labor Day is coming up. That last big 3-day weekend we all love. That last big celebration of barbecues, picnics and family gatherings ... My usual 3-day drunk celebrating my birth. Except this year things are changing. I am getting too old to handle the drinking like I used to. I been noticing it off and on the past couple months. So I might just cut it back to one night instead of three. If I can find a DD that is. Sis is wanting to get family together at the new house they are moving to that Monday, so I am sure we will end up there.

I am off to enjoy today relaxing how ever I want. Maybe you should go do the same.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

I told you that you could have the CPU you bought me back if you want it - I only use it once in a while now as I have the laptop. Got the laptop hooked up to the printer so really don't need it now. Just would need to transfer my stuff to a disk.