Wednesday, March 9

Another Day on the Hump

It's the middle of the week once again.

The son's concert last night wasn't too bad. Though, I did get upset and left about 2/3 of the way through the performances. Being at the Jr High, and having a 'combined' music event that included 5+ elementary school music programs as well, it made for a crowded bleachers in the gym. Yeah, we were packed in there pretty damn tight. Which ruined it all for me. I am not a crowd-type person anyways. I really hate my personal space being invaded. Though, I am understanding of accidentally being bumped in the back, etc. or the occasional crying of younger children. As a parent (and 99% of the crowd are/were) you expect these things at events like this.

What REALLY pissed me off, happened to be the 2 disrespectful niggers behind me. Yeah, I know. Many people (including some of you readers) don't like that word 'nigger' but that is what these things were. I need to clarify here for you people that think I am being the bigot I am. From Dictionary.com I am using this definition of the word nigger: Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant,etc. They spoke broken English, and I have no clue what kind of backwoods jungle lingo mixed in that as well. Yes, they were black, too. They brought in 4 kids all under 8, by appearances I am guessing the ages. These children acted as if they had never been denied anything, and proceeded to jump around, kick, bump, lean on, swing around and hit, shout and cry, not only myself, but other people around. I was at a loss. As a normal person, I should have turned and said something to the adults that were with the children, but I had no idea if they were the parents (because they sure weren't acting like parents, which in my opinion would not have tolerated such behavior let alone in public). By the end of about the 5th song, my son was done performing basically anyways, I was fuming, the Wife had her hand on my leg reassuring me and trying to keep me calm.... but I was done. There was no way I would be able to even in the nicest way, confront them about their kids. So I got up to leave. One of their damn kids has the gall to ask me where I thought I was going. I was actually shocked. Not the curiously asked question, but more of a demand. Like 'Where do YOU think YOU'RE going' type. I excused myself down the bench (ignoring them) and politely saying excuse to everyone else, and went to the van. I missed the Jazz bands performances.

The Wife and I were talking about it over dinner at Dennys afterwards. It just turns my stomach that people could be so... irresponsible and stupid... YES, stupid.

Sigh. That was yesterday. Today I awoke not feeling too sore. Yesterday being the third time PT and I went walking, and I did almost twice the distance we started last week, and felt so much better. Doubled the time spent walking, too. Slowly but surely it is getting better, and I cannot wait for the results. The Dr office called me yesterday. Seems the pulmonary doc didn't get my oximeter report from that one night a couple weeks plus ago, so they were faxing it to him, so he can decide if I can stop using oxygen at night. They also said I need to call and schedule an appointment with this doc. Wonderful. So, working on that this morning.

Also working on looking for an apartment with the Daughter. She has had some major dorm-mate issues this year, and we had originally okayed her to stay in a 3-bedroom apt with a couple other girlfriends next year. Though, that all fell apart in the past few days as one has decided to go to another college, and the other made other arrangements to go some other place than where they had originally decided. So we are now looking for a place for the Daughter by herself. I think we have found a decent one where amenities are good, and price is fair. The Daughter and I are going to be working on it today I am sure. I know she wants to get a reservation for later this year into any place we decide on, as soon as possible to be sure she gets a place. Can't blame her with the college being there.

PeacE

1 comment:

ScottyB said...

I agree with ya bro. Like a very good African-American friend of mine used to tell me. "Nigger is NOT a color. It is a lifestyle".

He was 72 years old when I knew him. And I never met a person more proud of his people than him. But boy, he sure hated those individuals that made his race look bad.

It would have been interesting to see how "He" would have reacted if he had been there.

S/H