Monday, March 14

Oh, Piss!

Not very happy. My Kindle seems to be having issues. A call to be made since it is under warranty. I have a feeling I will be sending it in, and be without it for an indefinite time...

sigh

Update: Well, after reading and trying several things from the Amazon website in regards to troubleshooting.... including the reset - which didn't seem to work, I finally just plugged it in to the USB. Now when I had done that the other day, nothing happened. This time, it actually flipped through several different screens, and then appeared to be charging. I was able to open the folder for it via computer, etc. I let it set for about half an hour, and unhooked it from the system. Now I was able to turn it on (which was the problem before) and see that the battery was reading at about half. Now, I always have the wi-fi turned to off unless I am specifically downloading, and Thursday it was at half battery as well, with me only using it for about 20 mins on Friday before it stopped turning on. Hmmmm, and it was 'charging' for half an hour already. Could the battery have drained somehow from half to nothing? I do not know. I plugged it back in (to the computer - one way of charging it up) and am waiting now to see for a full charge. I am guessing a couple hours should be enough time.

If no change then, I have a battery issue, and will need to send it in. But at least for now, I can save the books I have on there to the computer, so as to not lose them if it locks up again.

Technology is such a pain in the ass sometimes.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

I agree on technology being a pain! Sorry you are having issue with the kindle. Did it ever charge back up all the way? Just curious. Love you!