Thursday, March 17

Family Day Thursday

Well, it is already that day of the week, though I am posting quite a bit earlier than I intended. Has something about the elusiveness of sleep in reaching me tonight. Got myself all hooked up and laid there for like 40 minutes or more before finally deciding it just was not going to happen. On the norm, when I am not having a bout of insomnia, I am out in just a few minutes. Not tonight, when I need my rest for the day later on.

We are doing Family Day at the zoo. I cannot believe the prices for this place now. Seems like 15... ok more like 22 or 23 years ago when they started, it was like $7-$10 admission. Now, the place is quite larger (I would guess a good 4-5 times the original size) and admission for adults is like $28. We were just there about 3 years ago, but I don't remember the prices. Another memory failure on my part. But I did get pictures....

Circa 2008 - middle son
 Oldest son
 Youngest son
 and Daughter

We are taking along our 'adopted' daughter as well (good friend of our Daughter) so plan on having some extra fun. Heading out as early as we can, as the weather here has been warm (in the 80's) and we know we will be sweating.

Got the van out of the shop today. Cleaned all the actuators for the door locks, replaced the drives front and passenger sliding door locks. Also the injectors and plugs were getting nasty so they did a fuel system flush. Before we left we checked the locks, and the passenger front door (one cleaned, not replaced) was not locking/unlocking with the key fob, the inside U/L on that door, or the driver control. Had one mechanic some back out, and he 'swore it was working perfectly' when they were working on it. I told him "Yeah, sure. At least it wasn't something supposedly replaced and not working." Needless to say, that will be something for another time. Having done the driver side, we know the replacement cost for parts & labor at least. I think I am going to start searching for another van. I'll take over this one, and the Wife will get the newer one. I can get rid of the POS car I have.

Guess that is about it. Approaching 1am here (PDT) and I still am not tired, but will watch some 'Las Vegas' season 1 on dvd. The one from 2003 on TV with James Caan. It's not too bad.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Hey son - something to think about. Dr. Oz says drink a small glass of Cherry juice before going to bed to help you sleep and boost your immune system. Skeptical, I tried it - I have slept SOUND the last two nights without waking up at all. Usually I am up at least once and waking a time or two in between. Want me to pick you up a bottle? I need to get some more - may get you one anyway. Love you! BTW - I AM home today. :-)