Sunday, March 6

A Little Break

In case you had not noticed, I have been absent the past few days.Everything is fine, or fine as they usually are. Thanks Spockgirl, for the inquiry...

Seems Wednesday night really ... upset me. Nay, made me angry. I am sure the alcohol had contributed a portion to that. Needless to say, I felt then depressed, which then fell into a total apathetic state. I sat there for a couple days before I was able to get my ass back into gear. Once again, I confirmed to myself that the world is just full of stupid people that are ignorant of everything. That doesn't relieve me any, but helps me try to get through a normal day without literally pulling out a gun and using it.

Other than that, the daughter came up (again) this weekend... un-announced (again). Last week was nice. A little surprise for her brother on his birthday. This weekend, not so wonderful. Especially considering we didn't find out til later in the evening. I know she is an adult, etc etc, but when she stays at our house, it would be nice to know when she is coming so we can plan family meals to include her, for one. What if we decided to go out of town, because she wasn't going to be here? Hell, parental thinking: What if she had had a major accident on the way here, we would never have known she was driving up.

Saturday, she and the Wife went to lunch and some afternoon shopping - I watched the boys. The Wife explained it to her, that though it is nice to that she came up, but we would prefer she let us know in the future. I assume it went well, because she wasn't all pissy with me when they got back home.

I walked a couple days last week, and took the rest of the week off. Even Friday I was still feeling muscle soreness. PT and I go back to it come tomorrow morning. I am actually looking forward to seeing hopefully some distance improvement.

The Wife informs me, as she is leaving at that, that the doors in the van are not responding well to the "unlock" procedure. I told her to replace the battery in her key fob. She then says that it is not responding to the main unlock button from inside either. The driver side window motor seemed to have failed a couple months ago. I don't know if this is all electrical related to the driver side panel or what. I suppose I will try to get it in Tuesday to the garage to see if they can figure it out. Maybe it is just time to get another van.

The Wife is finishing up her last week of work at the facility she is currently at. She had accepted a position at another facility for more money, matched vacation time (4 weeks) and overall better place. A lot of stress will be relieved for her, though the drive is a bit longer. The extra money will help compensate the gas though. She is going to take a week off between jobs, so be prepared for my hell week.... She is 'off' work, the boys are on Spring Break, the daughter is on Spring Break...... all the same week. Yee haw.

PeacE

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

Glad to hear you are still kicking. That post you deleted had me a little worried there. Reading such things make me realize it is a good thing I don't drink (like a fish)... if I did, I would be dead by now.