Friday, March 25

A Good Morning

Went walking with PT this morning. Almost completed about half the perimeter of the park. A good third of it, if not quite half. Then we went to Dennys for some brunch (my treat). Had a nice time sitting and chatting over food and coffee.

This weekend finds no big plans for us. Most of them were done last week while everyone was on Spring Break. The first week of work for the Wife has been good for her. I can tell the 'less stress' feeling she has everyday when she comes home. It's good!

My oldest son had an English assignment last night, to create a poem following a certain format/style. Here is what he came up with....

Life

I was led by my family,
To school,
so I would receive an education;
To a college,
so I could get a job;
To a job,
so I could live on my own;
To children,
so I might have joy and someone to teach in my hands;
to become old,
so I can teach younger people about life;
to the grave,
so I'll be in the kingdom of God.

He is 12 and wrote this on his own, no help, no lead-off words... And he complained about not being able to do it...Wow.

Have a good weekend!

PeacE

2 comments:

Spockgirl said...

Thank you for putting that on your blog. Beauty in simplicity. I find that some (or a lot of?) kids tend to complain about not being able to do things before they even attempt them.

Reverend Mother said...

awesome - I knew he had some of your - and my - traits of writing! Along with your daughter!!