Thursday, March 31

Feeling Like Roadkill, Sorta

I am so tired feeling. Not like, going to fall over asleep at any moment type, but the, I damn sure need more sleep type. My eyes are just bloodshot, and gritty feeling. The body feels... well, I would say it feels ran over, but I think that would hurt more... how about, just blah.

The Wife and I had a wonderful dinner out last night. She wanted to eat at Red Lobster, so that is where I whisked her away to for our dinner. I had a great tasting Surf & Turf (small sirloin and lobster) she had the lobster and shrimp. I ate too much... but it was sooooo good. Afterwards, we went to Cold Stone Creamery and had ice cream for dessert. Then we went and picked up the boys. I went to bed about my usual time, tossed & turned for an hour and a half. About that time the Wife came to bed, and I got up to do something. I surfed the internet for about an hour, then watched 2 TV shows on Hulu.com and finally decided to try to sleep again around 3am. Between that time and 6:30, I think I got maybe an hour's sleep... in 5-10 minute intervals. I just could not get into a good sleep. I had left a note to have me awakened prior to her leaving, so to be sure I was up... I have things to do today.

Things to do. Yee haw. I have to run towards downtown to the Office of Vital statistics, to get another copy of my oldest son's birth certificate. Seems the original copy we had has been 'misplaced'. It has been about 3 years since I last seen it, and have no clue when it would have been needed since then, but it wasn't where we keep them. Thankfully, I can get it done 'same day' if I go into the office for a small fee of $15. If I were to mail a request (with the money) could take up to 3 weeks. And of course, it is needed to get the insurance set up through the Wife's new job... so have to have it...like yesterday - especially with today being the last of March, and coverage is supposed to start tomorrow....sigh. nothing like my wife to wait for the last minute.

Then I need to run to the IRS office here. Thankfully, again I don't have to go all the way downtown, and there is a branch just a few miles from home. But I need to get the 1040 Federal instruction booklet, and a copy of ALL forms. Since the Gov't isn't sending them out, and the booklet to print out is seemingly 500 pages, it is a bit much at the cost of printer ink, etc. And of course, the Wife waited until this week to ask me to get these things. Since we received the Notice they were going to be available online (like in Dec) but now we are down to the 2 week mark. I hope to hell they have the stuff I need.

So, crappy morning. Should be a Monday. Not looking forward to interaction with public today. Did I mention I was tired too? And a bit grouchy.

Hope your day is better.

PeacE

No comments: