Monday, February 27

And They're Off....

Nice to see Florida get some good rain, I guess. Enough to delay Nascar at Daytona for a day at least. Which means I am not going to be able to watch it.

Our youngest celebrated his 6th birthday yesterday. At his request we ended up at Peter Piper Pizza. The kids played games, and the adults sat and talked. We invited the grandparents (both sides) and that was it as it was Sunday evening, and pretty much spur of the moment. The kid scored good on presents.

The oldest son has Honor Orchestra concert tonight. I am not thrilled about going, but we have to support or kids, right? He plays French horn, so was asked to participate in this one, though he is not actually part of Orchestra class. This means that he has attended several Monday evenings at practices (extra driving for us). I think all he gets out of it is the satisfaction of doing it, being good enough to be asked, and ...yeah. I think that is it. No special award. No money/prizes. He doesn't even have a resume to add it as a feature. He also has All-State coming up in the next week or two. As well the Honor Band concert in April - which means more Tuesday night practices (even further away than the orchestra ones were).

The Daughter has to go through a 'scoping' again Wednesday morning to try to locate some issues she has been having. The Wife will be traveling down there again tomorrow for the night, and be back Wed. night. Hopefully, things will be able to progress correctly this time. Last week, there were issues of food still in her system, so they need to allow a longer period of not eating this time.

I feel like I have a zillion things that need to get taken care of this week (or at least I feel that way today). I should get started on some of them, but I am feeling lazy.

PeacE

No comments: