Wednesday, February 29

Talk About Gut Feelings....

The Daughter has been having some abdominal issues pretty much since the beginning of the year, it seems. I am sure I mentioned about a couple weeks ago she was having a scope done to see if they could find the problem, and that that test was inconclusive, as there was too much food in her stomach still. Today they did a re-test, allowing a longer period of time prior for the food to process through. They were able to "see" more of the area, and notice inflammation. Some biopsies were taken. No definite signs of an ulcer, or any other abnormality. The Doctor has mentioned that the food process taking longer, inflammation, etc, could be signs of a food allergy, but is not prescribing anything, or saying for sure until they get the results back on the biopsies. They are also going to schedule some kind of test (I forget the name) where she will eat some kind of radiated food, and they do scans to track the time/passage through her system, to see if they will give them more information.

I feel for my Daughter, having to go through each of these tests, and not knowing for sure what is going on. I don't recall any digestion problems that may "run through the family", though diabetes and other heart things do. I am just hoping at this time that it is something that can be treated without surgery, and soon.

PeacE

No comments: