Saturday, February 18

Doing the Face in Palm

Sigh. Children can be so exasperating at times. Spouses, too. I'm sitting here, or rather just was sitting here, with my face in my hands, trying to shake the beginnings of a nice headache.

The Daughter's procedure was yesterday, though they were not able to do the full scope. Turns out her stomach had not processed the food at a more regular rate, and there was an amount still there so they could not finish. They did find a hiatial hernia though. Another procedure was scheduled for in the next week or so, giving her a longer period of not eating before the procedure (not the week or so), so the food will hopefully be out of the stomach by then. The Wife ended up with the onset of a migraine, and could not return home last night as planned.

I was able to get out for awhile to meet up with friends from HS, though it was cut short a bit when I got the call that the Wife was not going to make it back. I had to leave and pick up the kids from MIL's. That was fine.  I had no major issues about that. The Wife calls me this morning to let me know she is finally on her way back home. Hopefully she will be here within the next hour.

In the meantime, I am going through my email, and find one from my oldest son's English teacher. She sends out  a mass email to her students parents every so often, to help keep us informed of project due dates, mid-term grade reports being sent, etc. I really like how she is able to do that and keep us informed. She mentioned grades (at the current time) were sent home Friday. My son said yes, he has a B right now. I mention about the Teacher mentioning students were informed of any missing homework. Here he admits he has a couple assignments not accounted for (hence the B I am thinking). I should start off saying my son has become fairly proficient at "missing assignments" in not just one class. It has gotten much worse this year, than last. Needless to say, he had not bothered to tell me, and I had allowed him to have recreational time most of this morning, instead of working on the missing assignments.

I was even nice about it. I didn't yell. I didn't raise my voice. I did interrogate (yeah, more than just ask) about if he knew what was missing, and explained he was going to have to work on them now. He proceeds to use the "doorway" to see assignments online, and turns out one he can't remember, the other he can't remember the pages the work was for (text pages). He sits there for several long minutes, just glancing around. I ask, did she not write them down for you? Oh. Yes. It's on the paper with his grade, which is in his backpack at the MIL's. So, now I need to take him back over there, to get this paper, so he can get the work done.... that he KNEW he would be required to do. His suggestion, was to wait until Tuesday, then he could do them that night. Heh. I don't think so. Especially since he also has his 3rd quarter book project due Friday, and he will need all the time he can get, with us forcing him to complete it. He is also notorious about waiting til the night before it is due, to work on it, thus making us (usually at 9 or later in the evening) to go out and get whatever supplies he needs, since we had no clue prior.

Easy to see why that headache is starting?

PeacE

No comments: