Thursday, March 29

Another Trip to the Doctor

Well, the middle son (9 years old) has done it again. The Wife ended up taking him to the doctor last night for some sort of 'infection' on his fingers. She had pointed them out to me last weekend. One thumb had gotten a bit of infection and swelling - like from a hangnail that was pulled out (I assumed). She lanced it (got some of the pus out) and noted that some of his other fingers were a bit red around the nails. She also mentioned he has a habit of putting his fingertips in his mouth quite a bit. Since we were in bed when she got back from the doc's, that this morning all I heard was they gave him some antibiotics to help clear it up. The Wife mentioned this had happened with him several years ago, though I don't remember that time. At least it isn't something extremely dangerous or contagious. Though, he needs to learn to keep his fingers out of his mouth (and his foot, too).

I was due to set up an appointment for my self to follow up with my doctor this month. I didn't do it. My weight has been fluctuating so much that I don't feel like going in there and finding out more has been put on. Yeah, my pessimistic nature coming through as I doubt it would be at a time where I lost a nice amount. Besides that, all that would be done is another blood draw to check my counts, and he mentioned an EKG reading. Not that I have any heart problems, he just likes to have current readings in the file I guess for possible future issues since I have a family history of heart problems. I may wait until late summer before I go back.

I guess Preacher Tom and I will be doing breakfast tomorrow morning I think. He emailed me the other day about that or a movie, and I said breakfast, as with it being a Friday, I don't know what movies would be out in the theater we prefer. I expect him to call me later today to set up a time, though I may end up calling him if he waits too long.

I guess staring at the screen isn't helping get any more words down.

PeacE

No comments: