Friday, March 9

Sitting With the Sick Boy

My oldest son is home sick from school with a temperature of 101.4. The timing of his being sick is not the greatest though. Tomorrow he is to report nice and early to All State Band, for a full day of practice, followed by the concert that evening. If he is feeling the slightest amount better, he is going, I don't care what they say. In the meantime, the Wife has left extra jobs for me today (aside from medicating the boy). Need to get some stuff notarized, so a trip to the bank will be happening in a couple hours when they open. Then we need to run over to the school as the son left his instrument there. Talk about taking away from my reading time!

So, got the concert tomorrow night, and the trip to the west side of town in the AM to drop him off. That pretty much concludes my weekend. Sunday morning I will probably end up doing some bloody marys with the boys, followed by some Church of Holy Beer and Softball. I have been good all week and deserve to have a couple I think.

I am in the process of quitting smoking again. It has been 5 days so far, and I feel I am over the worst of the cravings. I won't know for sure until I am in the bar environment, or near others that smoke, and I can smell it. I had done well at the the turn of the year last year, going for about 6 months before I started up again. Need to stay stronger willed.

That's it for now. Be back maybe over the weekend, but prolly not.

PeacE

No comments: