Friday, March 16

My Kind of Holiday

Another Friday is here, and it is the eve of St. Patrick's Day. The "Irish" holiday everyone seems to love to celebrate. You know the regular things.... wear green (only you are British, then it wear orange - or so I heard) to keep from getting pinched, eat Irish dishes, and drink green beer. Now don't get me wrong, I do have some Irish heritage in me, and you can tell sometimes by the red highlights in my beard, and my freckles and fair skin. I also contribute the amount of whiskey I can handle as being part Irish too, but that may be more practice than anything else. Let's not forget my love of potatoes, too!!

So how does America once again commercialize a holiday? Sell something green. It can paper pictures of shamrocks, leprechauns, the Blarney stone.... it doesn't matter. People think it is the thing to do and spend money buying that stupid stuff. Myself, I really do not participate in all that nonsense. I do admit to getting together with friends when I can, and tossing back a few green beers. Mainly since the pubs have discounted prices on special drinks that are green, or "Irish", and I just have a good time. I don't know if I am getting out any tomorrow though.

No major plans this weekend for the family. Might just take it easy and do some things around the house.

And the most important part of St. Patrick's Day? It's my little sister's birthday! Happy Birthday Katie!

PeacE

No comments: