Monday, March 19

Getting Pickled and Other Miscellaneous Stuff

The boys are on Spring Break this week. I am already dreading it. Two of them are up already, and the bickering has started. RM & PT have offered to help out some, by having them over to spend time with them on a more one-to-one basis. RM started this weekend, taking the oldest son, and had him help her start some batches of her homemade bread 'n butter pickles (made from cucumbers and onions. Even a jar was sent home for us yesterday. I love them! I told RM I would have to give her some money to get a case of the canning jars so she could make plenty more for me. I'll stock them up here at home and maybe give out a jar or two to friends that like pickles.

It's almost 11am already, so I suppose I should go wake the oldest son as he doesn't need to sleep all day. I shall wander into the kitchen and try to figure out what to fix for lunch for them all. Normally, some leftovers or Ramen soup work for myself, but I know they are not crazy about leftovers - spoiled brats!

PeacE

2 comments:

Joe said...

I love bread and butte rpickles

Spockgirl said...

My mom used to make Bread n Butter pickles, which I liked much more than the Dill. I had almost forgotten about that. Thanks for the jostle to my noggin.