Monday, March 5

Checking My List

I am constantly needing paper near my desk. It is a habit that I picked up, that I am always needing paper to jot down a note, put down a name, some other information related to whatever I am doing. I think at the current moment, I have like three pads around the computer. I have certain pages within the notebooks where I keep information, too, like interesting-looking movie titles. these I go through every couple of weeks on Netflix, to see if I can "Save" them into the queue for when they are released finally. Or to be sent if they are available now.

A few weeks ago, I started using Calibre for my e-book library. As I am going through the books I have to read, I try to determine if there are multiple books in a series , and to verify I have them all so nothing is skipped int he story line. At times, I may get the third book in a series for free, but have to purchase the additional ones. I find that irritating, reading a book and then discovering it is not a stand-alone story, and is in fact a book further down the story line, that you have not even started. Either way, one portion of my library is dedicated to "Incomplete Series" of books I have. Maybe I have the first two in a trilogy, but not the third. Or maybe books 5 & 8 but not the others. Most books are good in stating they are book number such & such, ad I can categorize them better. The books I need to get, I have a special notebook for, where I can add author/title of books I want, or need to complete sets. I have spent the last couple hours going through that list, searching for possible free copies on the Web.

Such an exciting life I lead, eh?

Nascar weekend was quite fun. Got to hang with my brother, have a few beers, and watch two races. I came home last night feeling pretty tired (didn't sleep good there) and ended up getting into an argument with the Wife. As of this morning, she is not speaking to me, and I don't really care at this point. I know Reverend Mother would tell me I should apologize and work out a compromise to whatever we argued about, but I don't feel like it right now. I may wait a day or two, and see what happens. We are oth stubborn about things like this.

So, great start for a week, huh?

PeacE

No comments: