Friday, March 23

Ever Have That Feeling?

I feel sort of crappy today. No, not in a health-wise way. No, not that I need to visit the Reading Room. Just sort of... ugh. The boys' spring break is ending, and though they bickered, fought, whined, complained, etc. most of the week; and RM & PT helped by taking each boy a day, I am going to miss hanging out with them.... but only a little, super-tiny bit.

I got a call from one of my buddies last night as we were returning home from dinner. Seems my friend that had found out he had some cancer earlier this year, he has been in the hospital a bit the past 2-3 weeks. I knew he was in (another story). Seems with the chemo he was doing, he ended up catching strep throat. Once he was out that time, it turned around and went back in for double pneumonia. Last night I found out he is in the ICU now, where they can monitor him better, and that things are not looking so good. A few of our group of friends is getting together this afternoon to go up and visit since things are looking sort of grim. I am so not looking forward to this... I do not care for hospitals.

So, since I am now really bummed about the situation, I am closing this off. Hope your weekend is better....

PeacE

No comments: