Friday, June 22

And Then There Was One ....

It's official. Now everyone but myself is sick in my household. I guess the oldest son held out until last night, and finally admitted he is sick. I wonder a small bit about myself. I feel just a small bit queasy to the stomach this morning, but not to the point of tossing my cookies. And speaking of cookies, it might be because I ate a few of them last night that I feel this way.

Reverend Mother brought by our supper last night. Once she heard that I had three people sick, she offered to make her chicken noodles. I don't know what about her chicken noodles - whether it is just a comfort food for me, or what - but it is always great to have them to eat. Mom used to have a batch made for me that I would freeze, and no one could eat it, as I saved it for when I got a cold, or the flu. Nothing makes me feel better than RM's chicken noodles. And she made a big enough batch, there is leftovers!! Bonus!

Today, Preacher Tom and I are planning on heading to the theater to watch 'Prometheus'. Te boys were going to go to RM's while we are out, and do some swimming more than likely. I don't know who all is going now. It's not quite 6am here, so will have to wait to see how everyone feels as they wake up, I guess. The new washer arrived yesterday, and I got it put in place and hooked up. Of course, there is a problem. The one we purchased happened to be the last one, so it was a display model, and did not come with a drain hose. The delivery person was nice enough to take off our old one, and put it on the new one, but the problem is how it attaches. The old one had a sort of squeeze clamp that held the drain hose on the extension from the washer. The new one, it just sort of pushes into a hole. So the problem is it has nothing to hold it in place, and once we hooked it all up to test, it leaked some water.

A return trip to Lowes was in order, where I was informed that they have none for GE in stock (drain hoses) and supposedly a universal one would not work. They give me a card for an appliance company here in town that I need to go to to get the part. Supposedly, there is some kind of attachment with screws for this type of drain hose. So I suppose I will be going to check that out today, as yesterday was just too hot to do it. Though, it'll be afternoon by the time I get to it today, and it is supposed to be over 110 again.

I off to eat some breakfast. Maybe this little bit of stomach queasy will go away.

PeacE

No comments: