Monday, June 25

Making Changes ... Well, Making Something...

Last week was not a very wonderful week in most ways I think of it. Each of us ended up sick with some sort of 24-hour "bug". In some good way, it only seemed to hit most of us one at a time, so the bathrooms weren't overloaded with lines waiting. Though, I am sure our stock of toilet tissue went down a good amount. Even I fell prey to the bug Friday, and though my symptoms were not near the extent the Wife and kids had been, I still felt them. Though, by Saturday, I was back to normal.

While the Wife was ill Thursday, I was trying to do my best, as usual, by doing some of the grocery pick-ups at the stores that have Thursday only sales. She had mentioned it would be good to get some Gatorade, or similar, to help with restoring fluids and electrolytes, etc. Being the good husband I try to be, I picked up like 4 bottles of Gatorade, in some new flavors I had not seen before, but sounded worth trying. One in particular was a Lime & Cucumber, green colored one. Seeing how we all made it through, and there was at least that one left, I opened it Yesterday to try it out. The first small sip made me cap it, replace it in the fridge until the Wife was able to try some. Mainly because the cucumber taste was STRONG! An hour or so later, she tried it, determined it was not her thing, and I went to work on it. Took me a couple hours to finish the thing (yes, it was that bad). Needless to say, within a few hours, I started having them 'stinky belches'. You know, the ones where you know there is going to be some digestional upheaval in your near future, one way or the other, literally. It hit this morning. Been up three hours, with twice that number of trips to the reading room. Cancelled my plans for the gym, as I wouldn't want to be in the middle of some power-lift, and WHOOPS!

So, today is going to be spent reading some extra, and drinking fluids to stay hydrated. For a Monday, it don't sound too bad.

PeacE

No comments: