Tuesday, June 12

On The Edge of Reality

I had a hell of a dream last night. One of those that feel so realistic, you wonder why you don't wake up there, or find it still going on around you. This particular one was almost too good to be true. No, it didn't have any model lounging around skimpily (or naked) in mine, or anyone else's bed. No souped-up hot rod with air scoop on the hood muscle car, or Astin Martin with spy gadgets. This dream was better. It had Sam Elliott.

Who is that, you ask?
Just something about that deep voice he has, and the menace he can betray in it....

Anyways, so my dream was pretty vivid. Now that it is a couple hours after  waking, it is slowly fading from my grasp, but it had something to do with the calvary days... the ones where they rode horses. I couldn't tell you what we were fighting against, but Sam Elliott was my CO, and somehow I got drafted and instantly promoted to find/create my own group of people to complete some do or die mission. I was able to take whoever I wanted from any personnel I could find, even conscript people if they weren't military. I recall one scene where I was in a crowded "jail" - literally packed like sardines - telling some guy, and some gal, that they were now serving under me and to get their stuff together. I wish I could remember what exactly the mission was, but it escapes me. Just the talk I got from Sam Elliott was pretty cool though. I don't know what sparked it, as I don't recall watching any Elliott films lately, but maybe it was some commercial. I know he does some voice stuff.

This morning the boys and I will be heading over to the MIL's to help her get shopping done. The oldest will be accompanying her to help lift anything that is heavy (sodas, etc). Then we will be back home doing who knows what. Probably listening to them fight and argue. I'd like to get up to see my buddy that is hospitalized this week, but not sure when I will get a chance. No need to push the boys off on grandparents, but I may see what RM is doing maybe Thursday. Give me a couple hours to go visit maybe.

Welp, I guess I should move on to getting the boys ready to head out soon.

PeacE

No comments: