Monday, June 18

It Must Be An Age Thing

Today feels like another recovery day. After this weekend... heck, after most weekends ... Mondays seem to be that for me of late. Not that I did anything extremely tiring, mind you.

Saturday was spent just around the house pretty much. I ended up staying up pretty late (for me) playing games on the computer. Sunday was Father's Day, and I started out my morning meeting up with a friend for 'breakfast'. Lunchtime I came home, and spent the afternoon with the kids. The Daughter had come up from Tucson, more for something else than for Father's Day, but it was nice she was here. We went to Garcia's, a Mexican restaurant, for dinner. Though it being a holiday, they were not overly busy, but the service just was terrible. I received a gift certificate for a free entree (under $10) to use before July 15th, but with service as bad as it was last night, I probably won't use it.

Yeah, when I put down the basics of the weekend, it doesn't sound like I need to recover from anything, but I sure feel differently. It must be because I am getting old.

Today, I will be taking the boys to the church for some kind of water activities they have a few hours today. I guess Mondays they have some different events going on for the kids. The middle son is being rewarded this week for being overly helpful. We felt we should acknowledge his efforts. I gave him a couple options of ideas of things we could do, and surprisingly, he came with the idea of going bowling on his own. I told him to think about it, and probably Tuesday we could do it. Hopefully, he will want to do something that is at least inside and air conditioned.

Saturday, the Wife brought to my attention that the washing machine was making a noise. Every time it went on the agitation or spin cycles, it would make some "noise like it was going to fall apart". I spoke to my appliance repair guy (the friend I met up with on Sunday) and mentioned it was making the noise all the time. He thought it was the water pump, as it runs all the time, and thought it would be a minor repair cost. I found out later it only does the noise at certain cycles, and could not reach him for better info. Either way, I told the Wife we would just get a new one. We have enough int he bank to get a new one, and it will be our first new one ever. The past ones we have had have all been used ones, and eventually after a couple years break down. I suppose we will be out this evening looking at a couple places.

I suppose I should get on with whatever stuff I need to get done today.

PeacE

No comments: