Thursday, October 8

It's Thirsty Thursday!!

 The other night I decided the Wife and I needed to get out and have a little time together to sit down to talk about things going on. We haven't really discussed much about exact plans for any of the monies from her inheritance, about her job seeking, about getting the old house sold, etc. I had mentioned going to breakfast, and she was agreeable. Only I was too tired at 7am to get up. I actually had slept decently that night, and didn't want to rise to start the day. I ended up in bed til 9, and then we went out for brunch instead. Either way it worked out fine.

There are a couple restaurants I have been wanting to try just a couple miles up the road... or at least take the Wife to. One is a Mexican place called Don Reubens, and I have eaten there before many years ago. Good stuff! Just haven't had a chance to take the Wife.... The other is next door to it called Ronnie's Cafe, and it is one of those places that the open hours are like 6a-2p. We got up there about 9:30 and the place was still half full, and much more seating than I was expecting. It looks smaller on the outside. We read the menu - nothing really fancy - some breakfast, some lunch, couple "specialty" items. Prices weren't bad - close to what I would consider at a Denny's - about $10 a plate. I ordered a meat omelette..not really reading the ingredients. What I got was huge plate filled with food. It was a 5-egg omelette, that took up half the plate, and the other half was filled with friend potatoes (homestyle) and an English muffin on the side. I was so stuffed!! The Wife had a smaller omelette on top pf her potatoes, and ate only a third of it. We definitely both love this place and plan on going again sometime.... just not sure when. Saturdays I am sure they are crowded all morning with food like this!

Today there is not much on my agenda to get accomplished. Late this afternoon, towards early evening, the Wife's brother is supposed to be coming by the house. This is the one that lives up north here in AZ, and is currently high on my 'People I am Not Happy With' list. Over the past year and a half he has called so much anguish for my Wife, in her trying to complete being Executor of her mother's estate. Constantly alluding to things such as she is stealing monies, overcharging fees to the estate for stuff that needs to be done, etc. One of the biggest things was a couple of her brothers had debt ledgers with their parents. The attorney said any outstanding debts had to be paid from their portions, and this brother owed the most. So for a few months, there was bickering and comments from him saying 'Oh, that was forgiven' or 'that's duplicate charge'. Anything he could say to lower the amount due (my opinion). Finally she and her four brothers reached figures everyone agreed to, and this same ass of a brother then starts spouting that my Wife had delayed this whole disbursement all this time. I want to just beat the shit out of him....

Anyways, the Wife mentioned he was going to be dropping by this evening, and supposedly dropping off the last signed document that deals with the acceptance of the disbursement, etc. Hopefully, she will make him take some of this crap from here that she has put back for him. Give us some more space. Either way, when she made the announcement, I casually looked at her and asked what time, and just got late afternoon/early evening. I said okay, I'll be out of the house and gone til after he leaves.

Sooooo.... that means since it is Thirsty Thursday, I will probably end up at the pub. Have a beer, read a book.... sounds better than seeing my BIL.

PeacE

No comments: