Sunday, October 4

Little Surprises

 My Doodad and her mom (the Daughter) came into town yesterday. I think the reasoning was to help the Wife go through stuff and decided what to keep or not. There is still so much here in the house that was the MIL's that needs to be gone through. So much stuff that is just not needed. We try to send off to Goodwill or Savers the things that can be used, but unfortunately, I think most of it is just stuff that needs to be thrown away. We have a couple sheds in the back yard, one of which is pretty full of stuff the Wife has set aside for her brother that lives her in state. Only, no idea if he will ever come and get it. Most of it is old missionary stuff from the FIL, that the brother may want since he is in the same field. Either way, they are up for a day, maybe two. We went out and had a nice dinner last night.

Had plans to meet up and hang out with a friend I don't see much of, this morning. He doesn't have any qualms about the NFL, unlike me, so we try to meet so he can watch his game. That is code for "at the pub". I got a text just a bit from him he won't make it today though. I guess he hurt his ankle doing yardwork yesterday.

Hoping to hear something in the next day or two regarding work. Wife is still taking her time. I know she needs it to get things "right" in her head - and I mean that in the truly correct fashion. It is very upsetting when one is let go, or force resigned, from a job. Those feelings of inadequacy and hurt can be quick upsetting. She seems in better spirits though, which I count as a blessing.

PeacE

No comments: