Monday, October 12

Whine Day

 I just feel like whining about stuff today. My back is bothering me. I twisted the wrong doing something Saturday night, as when I awoke Sunday, it was giving the needle-stab nudges that something in the lower part wasn't feeling good. I imagine I twisted at the wrong angle, probably when getting out of the car when I got home, and it just took some time to set in. Doing acetaminophen for "pain control" and trying to stay off my feet, but sitting or laying down for long periods is not good for it either. Trying to do some of the exercises when I had to PT a few years back for this issue, and it seems to help a little. Most of it is stretching exercises in different ways for the lumbar area.

I am hoping to hear something from the company this week that there is a new project to start up. If not, I think I may go back to looking for a regular job. Being stuck at home right now with no job is depressing. With the Wife not working it drives me even a little more nuts - not that she is constantly bugging me or anything, because she isn't. I just need to get back to a job - preferably one not far away, and not as physical as the last one I was at.

I am expecting a call from the eyeglass store though. Went about a week and a half ago to do a new vision screening, and picked out some frames. Yes, my vision did worsen a bit, as did the vision in my bifocals. I lucked out and found a set of frames that match my current ones well, and just ordered two sets of those. I always get two, so I have a back-up pair. It has proven useful many times over the past years due to scratches on one set, etc.

The temperature finally dropped under 100, ending the run for a record streak of days over 100 consecutively. I know the record was 143 days, and we were getting purty darn close to that number. I think we ended up around 138-139. 

Still need to get the Wife out to test drive some vehicles. She seems pretty stuck on a Traverse, but has looked at pics of some others. I would like to take an afternoon and test drive 4-5 different ones so she can "feel" how they handle. She has agreed to do that, we just haven't set a date/time. Maybe this week. Would like to get her vehicle bought by next weekend. That way I'll have at least the minivan she is driving now, for me to use until I find me a new car as well. The last two months has sucked not having a car of my own. Catching rides and Uber have been how I have been getting around when I do get the chance to leave the house.

Youngest Son is on school break this week, then they return to school with a hybrid program when they return. He will go to school on Tuesdays and Fridays, be online Mondays and Thursdays, and all students are online on Wednesdays. Hopefully after the winter break (at the latest) they will return to a 5-day at school week.

Christmas is approaching, as I know RM has mentioned several times in her blog, and shopping just ain't getting done. I have no idea what to get anyone - sons, daughter, granddaughter, mother, stepfather, wife - and that's all I need to buy for. Plus the Wife's bday in early December. It is never many things for the kids anymore. Most of the things they want, or have asked for, or that we feel they could use in their lives, are generally more expensive. When it comes to my parents, there is just nothing they really need or want (according to RM). I know gift cards are pretty much what I am thinking for the most part for everyone. Yeah. Not a lot of thought in the gift-giving, but they can use it for what they want. I know I have some Amazon sites marked for some items I am considering for the kids. Who knows?

PeacE

No comments: