Wednesday, October 14

Got A Lot of Nothing

 Tuesday came and went pretty fast. No, I have not just woken up -another night of sleeplessness... I actually have not been to bed yet. The Wife was sorting clothes on our bed, deciding what to keep, and logging how many of what size/type she is bagging to send to Goodwill/Savers. She asked for 15 minutes notice if I wanted to go to bed, but I have decided to let her work on that. the more stuff we get rid of the better. After I finish this post, I'll probably go check and see if she is done for the night. I hope so.. I'm starting to get drowsy.

We went out to brunch today - just the Wife and I. We hadn't been to 'The Place' in many months for a brunch. She had let me pick, and I remembered they had a huge breakfast serving. I was going to get some eating going on! Alas, it was not to be. Seems they have changed their menu since we were there those many, many days ago. The menu got smaller. The Hungryman Breakfast was not found.... I settled for a chorizo skillet with a side of biscuits and gravy. It was filling, but just wasn't the same. 

The MMORPG game I play, World of Warcraft, is having an 'expansion pack' coming out prior to the end of the year. It was to be this month, but recently said no, and pushed it back. however, today they still did a 'pre-release patch' that didn't really add any new content, just put in place the changes in dynamics that are going to take place (changes in abilities, etc). Had to wait all day (7am-4pm PDT) for servers to be back up, then I spent another 3-4 hours trying to get online. They were so clogged with people trying to get on for the new content (that was stated would not be there) that it was impossible for many to connect to game servers, including myself. Before I came to that realization, however, I had searched tech support about the errors I was seeing, and spent way too much time trying their fixes, when all I needed to do was wait until server traffic slows down (late night). Frustrating a bit, but finally was able to get online and play some. Even made a new character and got to check out some of the appearance changes they have now added. Cool.

My brother called me today. I don't know why I answered, but I did. He starts off with "I tried to call you a couple weeks ago, but you didn't answer". I was like, wtf? So I said, "I must have been busy. You didn't leave a message, so I didn't call back." I mean, duh. Anyways, I think he was just bored out of his mind. Was asking me about the pub I go to, and if their outside cameras cover only the patio areas, or over the parking lot. I said patios only, why? Seems a couple weeks ago one of his friends that came to his retirement get-together ended up getting arrested in the parking lot that night. Charged with an Extreme DUI, and also something like Collision while intoxicated. Supposedly, he was walking around the parking lot and the police approached and arrested him. No way. I think he went to leave in his vehicle, inadvertently backed up into, or rolled forward into, another vehicle, and the police saw it (the sit at the roller skate rink at the end of this small shopping area). Then when he gets out of the car, to "walk around to sober up" is why they approached him. I told my brother - Oh well. He's an adult. In some ways it was a bit funny.... maybe not so much now that I typed it out.

Well, I managed to fill some space. Time to check if I can go to bed now.

PeacE

No comments: