Monday, February 19

Back to functioning

Damn! The computer and phones are up and working this Monday morning - compared to last Friday. Seems last week, Qwest dug up/ripped/cut/whatever to a trunk of their own phone lines, and had my office building and four others without internet, phone, or fax capability. Yeah, makes for a boring Friday, except I had to get paperwork out for 2 signings that day. Had to go to Kinko's to get the fax out and they charged me $26 for a 17 page fax - to a toll-free number!! Fuck them! I am NEVER going to Kinko's again! So 1 signing happened - the other didn't. I ended up at the bar by 1 and tried to drown my anger.

Saturday was good. We finished up the Pentathalon. Moi, took 2nd place in bowling ( I lost by only 9 pins from first, and 3 pins ahead of third - thanks for that $20 Jan!!). Then we went to the bar to finish with Pool, which I ended like 4th, and I took 5th over all events. If I remember correctly, Don took 1st, Eric 2nd and Jan 3rd. First place won $225 but had to pay the bar tab. So we all sat and drank, and drank, and when Don went to leave, the tab was $256, plus the tip. HeeHee!! Man I was trashed. I had some pictures, but the wife screwed up the camera and had to reformat the memory chip and I lost them.

Sunday was an okay day. Watched the team lose at softball. Then went out to watch the race where my driver in the pool may have lost me out of third due to the big-ass crash on the final lap. I am still awaiting offical results on the finishings. I'll be headed over to Nascar.com here shortly.

My daughter was burned this weekend. Seems she went to plug something into an extension cord, and the cord blew up and grounded out through her. She has a quarter-sized burn mark on her stomach, but otherwise is fine. I know I am going to take a couple days off from the bar I think - maybe I won't, but I feel pretty beer-ed out. I know, I know, that doesn't sound right and you wonder if I am sick - but I assure you, I am just taking a couple days off.

Welp, I am off to check the race standings. Y'all have a good one!

PeacE

No comments: