Thursday, February 1

Discombobulated, am I

dis·com·bob·u·late /ˌdɪskəmˈbɒbyəˌleɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-kuhm-bob-yuh-leyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -lat·ed, -lat·ing.
to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.
[Origin: 1825–35, Americanism; fanciful alter. of discompose or discomfort]

Yes, this is one word of the day. I was sitting up at one of my hangouts with my friend, and I popped off some word from the top of my head, and she looked at me like 'WTF does that mean?' So I followed up with this word, and she asked that I explain them both. Having had a few adult beverages, I couldn't think straight enough for an answer that would do justince, so I told her I would post them today ... only I don't remember what the other word was. Started with a "T" though, and was sort of long. Terteriactal? No, I don' think so.

Well, it's Thursday. SuperBowl is this weekend. I am staying home as of this moment. I decided there was no chance I would want to be driving around after the game. Might as well put the 52" TV to use anyways. And I will be able to hear the commercials instead of listening to everyone argue about the last play.

February contains one of my most hated day of celebration. I even try to stay out of stores during the first part of the month. I get so sick & tired of hearts, and candies, and the word 'love' being thrust upon me as I am there to pick up a gallon of milk, or something. The Wife and I do not exchange gifts for this, or any other holiday. I want her to feel my love, I do things for her, that I normally would not do. I tell her. I don't need some damn card, or flowers, or candies to tell/show her. Another f'ing day for merchants to make money. Valentine had nothing to do with romance anyways. It was a damn feast (which I would prefer) for some martyred saints, one of which was a doctor. That is per Wikipedia - so take it how you will.

Enough for today I think. I am getting sleepy sitting here doing nothing at work. Another one of those days. Two hours to go though, and then I can go have some beers and read my book.

PeacE

No comments: