Monday, February 5

Back to the Work Week

What a crazy weekend! I am literally feeling worn out and tired from all the activities I partook of. I saw my aunt & uncle from Indiana Friday night. Was good to see them. I think it had been 2 years or more since they were last out here. Of course, being at my sister's house, I was drinking the bottom half of a bottle of Crown Royal.

I slept in Saturday - sort of. One of my buds called and was going to play some video golf about noon'ish. That afternoon there was a bocci ball at another friends house. So I went and played some golf, then went to the other party, bringing in a large bottle of Jack and 2-liter of Coke. This is where I found out about the Pentathalon. The buddies swore I knew about it, but I hadn't heard anything. It consists of 5 events - Bocci ball, ping pong, 18 holes of golf, pool, and bowling. Points are given out to the regular 3 places, and remainder of persons get 4 for each event. Well, since I had not heard it, I missed the bocci ball event. One of the guys decided he wasn't going to do any of the events, so I bought out his spot. I am not good at bocci anyways. I went on to lose at ping pong - after all I have not played since Jr high. I had been drinking my mixture of Coke & Jack for a few hours, and decided it was time to go home. I remember driving most of the route home (distance of about 2 miles) and that is it. I awoke in the dark, sitting in my car, keys sitting on the console, car in the driveway at home. I figured I must have dozed off after I parked for a moment.

I walked inside the house, and it was 1:30am! Shee-it! I headed straight to bed, because we had a tee time of 8am Sunday for golf. Normally I play only about 9-10 holes, as by then my back is painfully spasming, but Sunday I played the whole 18 holes. I also got to try out the new golf sandals my parents had gotten me for Christmas. I wonder if that helped...having good comfy golf shoes... Afterwards, most of us headed up to Bullocks and I ended up watching the SuperBowl there rather than at home. I went home and basically passed out in bed. I awoke this morning feeling the effects of too much drinking this weekend. I think I may hide out for awhile this week and catch some extra winks.

Work is still moving slow, need to get some more loans going. My manager says they are in the works, but just haven't gotten to the stage I need them. Welp, I hope y'all had a good weekend. I am outta here for the meantime.

PeacE

No comments: