Thursday, November 1

Learning things in fun ways

Last night was an eye-opening event for my kids. Especially the 5 year old. The two older ones knew what was coming, and tried to squirm out of it. Everyone was home after a night out collecting goodies, so of course it was the best time to teach the kids a little about real life. That’s right, using candy. And what would be the topic of education?

Taxation.

It’s simple and easy to show kids how it works. The bag is your paycheck, or to make it easier, it represents the whole amount of money you earned working over the year. Now, Uncle Sam takes a portion for Federal, and then the State takes a bit for them. Oh yeah, and don’t forget the Medicare that comes out. The daughter tried claiming she didn’t have as much candy as she had helped do some other things rather than collecting candy. She really tried for an exemption, but I spotted a couple tootsie rolls and still made her pay up. The oldest son, he tried to grease my palms with some tootsie rolls, plus a couple candy bars, but I wasn’t let him get off that easy! The 5 year old, he kind of sat there not really understanding. I felt sorry for him. Actually, I gave all their candy back. But it was fun watching them argue with me about it.

The older son, he actually was asking questions about what happens to the taxes he pays, and I told him we would have to save that for another day.

The Reverend Mother was good to me. She sent home a ziplock with some candy bars and a bag of flavored tootsie rolls. And here I am trying to lose weight. ::sigh::

Coming up in December I will be able to get out and play some golf again. The pub is having another tournament that the step dad and I will be attending. It is only a 9 hole round, but fun to get out, and the dinner afterwards is good too.

Tonight is class #2 for the exercise program. I am not sore as bad as the past couple days. Tonight’s is stretching doing Yoga and Tai-Chi exercises – an hour long. Then I think I may go in tomorrow night to ride the bikes, then Saturday for the third class. Monday will start the cycle over again…UG! Not looking forward to that night again. At least the PT said my shoulder issue was mainly tightened muscles, and same with the back and hip. After a couple weeks I am to be re-evaluated if I feel pain there still. Hopefully, some weight loss will have happened and I won’t be hurting as bad.

Okay, I need to go do some work. I am caught up, but was just handed some stuff I have to go searching through funded files for paperwork corporate needs. Y’all be nice and clean up after yourselves.

PeacE

No comments: