Monday, November 19

Mommy is back! Yea!!

I never thought I would be so happy to see my wife again. I mean, it almost brought tears of joy and happiness to my eyes at the airport as I watched her coming down the walkway. The kids were excited she was back too, and I have every guess as to why. No one likes Daddy in a bad mood.

Friday night started off well. The 'Men' went to Lonestar for steak dinners. Leftovers were taken home - picked up the daughter from theater in time. Everything went ok. Saturday I was up early for a gym class, then took the kids to Denny's for breakfast. We went to the bank, got gas, went to Wal-mart and did some shopping. Followed that up with a trip to the used book store, where I turned my daughter onto Dean Koontz (she has problems putting down "Fear the Night"). Lunch soon followed at Dairy Queen before we finally made it back home to rest for a couple hours. Ran the daughter to school for theater, and went back home. Back to pick her up about 8:30 and then home for the evening.

Sunday was a busy day. I woke everyone at 7:15 and headed for the ballpark. A quick stop at McD's for breakfast, then we were at the park for a double header softball game. The kids behaved well there and things were going pretty good. After the park I took the boys to church for play practice and then we followed that with lunch at Top Shelf - a Mexican type restaurant. After lunch we went home. I was tired, worn out, and ready for a nap. About mid-afternoon, the oldest boy comes in and timidly wakes me up.

"What's up Bud?" I ask him.
"Dad, we were playing in my room and I was tossing the ball up on my bed when brother hit it with his pillow and it broke the window." Instinctively, he winces back.
"YOU WHAT?!? Broke a damn window?!?!?" Now I am awake and following him back to his room.
"Dad it was an accident."
"How could it be an accident if you aren't supposed to be throwing the ball in the house anyways? Now be quiet for a minute."

I surveyed the damage. Of course. It had the be non-regular sized window. ::sigh:: I gave up and called the Wife. She was at the gate waiting her flight home, so I explained what to expect when she got home. I told her it was safe. I was refraining from anger until she got home.

The kids walked, sat, and did everything else on eggshells that afternoon/evening, especially when we headed to the airport. The Wife was going to see if her father could run it up to the Home Depot and get glass cut for it today. I hope it gets done - I have no clue how to do that stuff.

So it is off to the gym tonight after all that eating out this week. Though I did take it easy, and did not overdue it. Still I think I could stand a couple more pounds off especially this being Turkeyday week. At least I only work 3 days this week.

Okay I am out of here for now. Got some checks to turn in so I can get paid later.

PeacE

No comments: